- Continued maintenance of high standards of Aviation Safety;
- Monitor and evaluate current and projected aviation growth;
- Implement the policies and objectives of the government;
- Systematically develop plan to meet set objectives;
- Spearhead regional and International aviation programs agreed on by the Government;
- Acquire, establish, and improve navigation facilities wherever necessary;
- Govern the flight of aircraft;
- The LCAA shall have the power to investigate, or arrange by contract or otherwise for the investigation of accidents involving civil aviation occurring in Liberia and civil aircraft registered in Liberia occurring outside of the territory of any foreign country for the purpose of determining the facts, conditions, and circumstances relating to each accident and the probable cause thereof.